Keep It Sweetly Simple!

Simple easy service with one of Canberra's most experienced celebrants. (I have married over 1400 couples.) Your beautiful, memorable and personalised alternative to a Registry Office wedding. Only one one-hour meeting required and the next time we meet, it's your wedding day!

30 December 2017

Success on the Australian Marriage scene.

Hello and welcome
     On the historic day of Saturday December 9 2017, I was celebrant at two weddings in which, by law, I spoke the new wording, that marriage in Australia is 'between two people'. Up until then, the law required me to say 'between a man and a woman'. (Or I was permitted to say: 'between a woman and a man'.)      
     At the wedding in the morning, a few guests noticed when I said the new words for the first time. At the second wedding, later in the afternoon, there were loud cheers all-round and lots of appreciative clapping.
     In my last blogpost I mentioned my wish that marriage equality would soon become law in Australia. And it happened. And it happened very rapidly. And there's more to it than I realised. I'll tell you more in my next post ...

     Here's a photo from a private wedding in my beautiful romantic Heart Garden. I always ask couples if they'd like their photos to go online or not. Here I have permission to publish this lovely photo, but not identify the couple. They were actually eloping! I helped them in this exciting endeavour by finding two witnesses for them. Here are the hands of the newlyweds and a white magnolia from my garden.

    I wish you a truly wonderful new year, especially if it's the year of your marriage.
    Please visit my facebook page for my latest photos and news. Or look for Michele the Celebrant Canberra on Instagram. If you'd like to contact me about your wedding, please visit my Contact Page. Or phone or text me on 0406 376 375 any day between 9am and 9pm. Or email me directly here.
     
     Till next time
     
     Sincerely
     Michele
Amanda and Scott shared a wonderfully happy occasion
with their family and friends in late spring in the Heart Garden


Suwanna and Paul, leaving the Heart Garden as blissfully happy newlyweds.

FAREWELL TO 2017


No comments: