Keep It Sweetly Simple!

Simple easy service with one of Canberra's most experienced celebrants. (I have married over 1400 couples.) Your beautiful, memorable and personalised alternative to a Registry Office wedding. Only one one-hour meeting required and the next time we meet, it's your wedding day!

31 March 2010

Canberra weddings with the WOW! Factor No 1 - Floating on air in a hot air balloon

Hello, and welcome to my revamped blog
     
Got an email from Blogger this week with new template options. I really like the one I've chosen and I've had fun making a new heading.
     This post, like the one before it, has been inspired by my Canberra Week activities. 
     The Balloon Festival was, as always, spectacular. Because we still had Daylight Saving, we saw the balloons at sunrise. Made me think of the three weddings in balloons that I've been celebrant for. Loved them all.
     On a major birthday of my husband's, I took us for a balloon flight over Floriade. We could appreciate the clever design when seen from the air but it was just after sunrise and all the tulips were still asleep. It was just so lovely though, drifting with the air currents, all in beautiful soft silence, except for the regular bursts of burner sound.  

A Wedding in a Balloon
This would be a rare treat for you and your small number of lucky guests. The upsides of this WOW! location are many - the panorama, the thrill, the privacy, all good. Downsides? You have to get up v early in the morning. That's about it. 
     The ceremony is conducted in between the blasts of hot air from the burner. On the recording from one wedding, these blasts sound like blowing very emphatic raspberries. Michele: 'Do you Paul, take Joanne to be your lawfully wedded wife? Paul: 'I do', followed immediately by one very loud raspberry! Their wedding certificate gives their location as 'In the air above Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra ACT'.
     If you choose to have your small intimate wedding, literally floating on air over Canberra, and you choose to book with Balloon Aloft, I recommend you take up the option of breakfast in the Promenade Cafe at the Hyatt to follow. The Hyatt Hotel does the best breakfast in town, and with great style. What a way to start your wedding day! 
     To get you the links for both balloon companies in Canberra, I went to Dawn Drifters website and I see that they include champagne breakfast at Rydges Capital Hill Hotel in their special packages. 
     I have no photos of couples who married in hot air balloons to put in this post, but I've got the next best thing - a photo of a very happy couple who got engaged in a balloon. 
     Chris, who is afraid of heights, courageously went skyward to pop the question to Jenny in a balloon ride he secretly organised last year. They'll be married at Gold Creek Chapel on Easter Saturday. We had our final meeting together last night. Next post I'll have the pleasure of showing you photos from their wedding. 
     Floating in the silent morning sky in a hot air balloon certainly tops my list of WOW! Factor locations but I have a couple of other unusual ideas to share with you from weddings where I've been celebrant. I'll write about them soon.
    
If you’d like to email me about your wedding plans, please click here, or phone me any day between 9am and 9pm on 02 6161 0718. I would be delighted to be your celebrant. I also welcome your questions and comments about this blog.  
     After doing my lovely work at two Easter weddings, I'll be heading north on holiday until Wednesday April 14. I won't be blogging again until after that, but I will be checking my emails and phone, and I'll have my mobile with me - 0406 376 375. Please feel free to give me a call.

Till next time
Sincerely
Michele

No comments: