Keep It Sweetly Simple!

Simple easy service with one of Canberra's most experienced celebrants. (I have married over 1400 couples.) Your beautiful, memorable and personalised alternative to a Registry Office wedding. Only one one-hour meeting required and the next time we meet, it's your wedding day!

12 March 2010

Garden wedding, yes - but what if it rains?! Here's a perfect solution

Hello, and welcome
     Last Monday, the Canberra Day holiday, it rained. Not all day but quite a lot. It's been a wet end-of-summer-beginning-of-autumn this year. I rode in the Big Canberra Bike Ride with my husband and little grand-daughter. We didn't mind the rain but it certainly wasn't ideal wedding weather. 
     The idea for this post came to me when I was riding along Northbourne Avenue. Passing the Pavilion on Northbourne in the light rain, I thought of all the lovely weddings in the Atrium that I've been celebrant for over the years. I wish I could show you photos but I didn't ask any of the couples at the time for permission to put their photos on the net. 
     Simply because she's beautiful, I have put in a photo of Erana. When she married Sam on November 8 last year, the light and temperature in the National Rose Garden (Old Parliament House, Senate side) were just perfect. We were lucky though, because the sky was decidedly 'iffy', and threatening to send us a thunder storm. Mostly the weather in Canberra for weddings is very pleasant but if you're planning a garden wedding and you're concerned about the weather, here's a perfect solution - a garden wedding indoors! 
     The Atrium at the Pavilion on Northbourne is unique. I'm talking about the atrium in the building beside the main building (On the Pavilion on Northbourne site, you'll see an image of a similar atrium in the main building). In the atrium where weddings are held, there's a three storey garden with lush, well-cared-for plants, water feature, and right down the middle, a magnificent staircase. 
     If a bride wants to make a stunning entrance, this is the place to do it! As she comes down the stairs, it's like she's descending from heaven. Add music like 'The Gadfly' by Shostakovich and the effect can be ethereal. 
     I haven't been to a wedding at the Atrium for some time so I'm glad to use my blog as a way to inform or remind my fellow Canberrans about this tranquil, elegant garden-wedding venue, where you can be totally confident the rain will never fall.
      If you’d like to email me about your wedding plans, please click here, or phone me any day between 9am and 9pm. I would be delighted to be your celebrant. I also welcome your questions and comments about this blog.  

     Till next time
     
     Sincerely
     Michele


No comments: